Welcome to CUCEA
The Council of University of California Emeriti Associations (CUCEA) is a consortium of the Emeriti Associations of ten University of California campuses, Berkeley, Davis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz.
2023 - 2024 Panunzio Call for Nominations
The Constantine Panunzio Distinguished Emeriti Award honors outstanding scholarly work or educational service (e.g. service in professional, University, Academic Senate, emeriti, departmental or editorial posts, or committees) performed since retirement by a University of California emeritus or emerita in the Humanities or Social Sciences. The deadline for final nominations are due by February 9, 2024.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Open Enrollment News
CUCEA received the following statement of interest for Open Enrollment:
You may be hearing that Anthem Blue Cross and UC’s health system are in negotiations to keep UC health care providers in the Anthem Blue Cross network when their current agreement expires on December 31, 2023. These negotiations do not affect the in-network availability of UC Health facilities and providers for UC-sponsored Anthem Blue Cross health plans offered to retirees. More specifically, negotiations do not apply to:
Eleventh Campus Report and
- RASC Announces New Process for Survivor Benefits - The Survivor & Beneficiary Support team and telephone support line successfully launched at the Retirement Administration Service Center (RASC) on March 1, 2023. The Survivor & Beneficiary Support number is 1-888-825-6833. Read the announcement on UCnet.
- The Retirement Administration Service Center (RASC) is making changes to make sure you get the help you need during UC’s Open Enrollment. Expanded customer service hours are Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (PT); visit the RASC Contact page on UCnet.
- For discussion at the Fall 2022 meeting: Report of the CUCRA-CUCEA Joint Benefits Committee and the JBC Response Letter from Cheryl Lloyd
- At our October 2021 CUCRA/CUCEA meeting, we were fortunate to meet with UC’s Chief Investment Officer, who summarized the performance and policies of the investment portfolio. View the formal report here. The table on page 22 summarizes the performance of the pension investments over the past 25 years.
- Difficulties with continuation of benefits when moving out of State
- Take Action on the CalPERS LTC Settlement
- RASC (Retirement Administration Service Center) - See dialogue on survivor benefits
- JBC report on conferral of emeritus/a title
- Statement on the long term stability of the UC Retirement Plan